Surf Life Savers and other beach users are literally on the front line of climate change. Whilst climate change will effect everyone in different ways, our mission is to ensure the effects on our beaches, surf clubs and members are considered and acted on.
As Sustain Surf we aim to
- Share information between clubs to improve our movement’s sustainability and ability to adapt
- Raise the profile of climate change and it’s impact on surf life savers’ health, our beach lifestyle, surf sports and club infrastructure
- Inspire community action to mitigate the effects of climate change
Check out our resources on
- Coastal impacts – did you know 63% of surf clubs are at risk of being washed away?
- Health impacts – outdoor athletes are high risk of heat stroke plus many other unpleasant issues
- Club sustainability checklist – how sustainable and adaptable is your club?
- Free the Nippers – Getting fossil fuel companies off our nippers’ uniforms
Got any ideas or thoughts? Jump on facebook and let us know.
Note: We are not representing Surf Life Saving Australia or any of the SLS state centres, or particular surf clubs. We are a group of die-hard, salt-encrusted surf life savers who care about the future of our movement and are hoping to educate and create positive, sustainable change.